People often ask what the best home treadmill is.
There is no fixed answer to this question. When exercising on a treadmill, you have to consider each individual’s fitness goal. Some people want a treadmill to help them lose weight.
Others may require one for marathon training during winter months. The best home treadmill is one that helps you achieve your fitness goal and gives you the highest quality at the lowest price.
There are a variety of reasons why treadmills are now a common household item:
- Working out at home is more convenient than going to the gym. You can watch your favorite TV shows or listen to music as you burn calories.
- A gym membership can be expensive and will cost you more in the long run.
- You can exercise in comfort no matter what the weather condition outside may be. Fog, snow or rain will not keep you from performing your workout.
- Treadmills are equipped with shock absorption to protect your knees and ankles from the impact of jogging or walking.
- Treadmills let you customize your exercise. You can set the slope, speed and intensity of your workout.
- Using a treadmill will let you determine how much calories you use up in your workout.
How much can you expect to spend on a treadmill? Commercial grade treadmills used in fitness facilities cost around $4,000 to $5,000.
A good walking treadmill can cost at least $600. If you plan to jog on the machine, look to spend around $1,100. For heavier workouts, plan on spending at least $1,500.
What features are ideal in a home treadmill? Treadmills today have an endless list of features, but you only need to consider those features you really need. Some treadmills are equipped with LCD or LED display, heart rate control, pre-set programs and orthopedic belt. There are even folding and non-folding models.
The best home treadmill for you is one that has the right features you need without going overboard. You do not really need all those bells and whistles. For most people, the ability to adjust the speed and incline is all you need in a treadmill.
In the final analysis, the best home treadmill is one that lasts and requires minimal service, has a good warranty (just in case). You should be able to use it extensively to build your endurance, develop muscle tone and improve your health.