Archive for the ‘Exercise Bikes’ Category
While fitness gadgets go in and out of favor over the years, exercise bikes always keep their popularity. Why? Besides getting a good cardio fat burning workout, exercise bikes are low impact on your joints so you are able to use them year after year without damaging knees, hips, ankles and other hard working joints.
Studies have shown that using the power of resistance increases the results that you get with exercise. It’s that thinking that drives the success of the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike.
You’re the force behind the creation of the wind resistance with this bike. The amount of resistance that you’ll end up with will depend on how hard and fast that you can pedal. When you want a lot of resistance, you simply have to pedal faster.
This enables you to be in control of the intensity level of the workout.
This model is smooth and quiet, which will leave you free to do things like watching your favorite show on TV or hearing your playlist. What really makes this model so popular is the way that it provides an overall body workout.
Most standard exercise bikes work out the muscles in the bottom half of the body, while ignoring the upper muscle groups. But this bike hits them both at the same time. So you end up getting a great workout with all of the major muscle groups in half the time that it would normally take.
But if you want to just work out your upper or lower body rather than do it at the same time, you have that option. The console with this bike is a RevMeter, which offers you better goal keeping abilities.
The console covers what your calorie burn level is and how long your workout is. The monitor also keeps track of how fast your workouts are, so you can know where you need to make adjustments.
This information is continually being cycled so that you can see the readouts as you’re exercising. The padded seat is comfortable to use for both short or long term use. There are foot straps for pedaling that can be adjusted to fit the height of the user.
To help keep you cooled off during workouts, there is an integrated bottle holder for your water and it’s located directly in front of the console. This can leave your hands free to be able to replenish liquids as you’re working out.
The bike is steady and durable, but there are also levelers to make sure the bike doesn’t tip over, despite a fast and aggressive workout. The transport wheels allow users to easily move the bike to change its position or to store it out of sight.
There are accessories that you can buy to go along with the bike if you want to enhance your exercise time.
These add-on items include a telemetric heart rate and strap as well as a wind screen and reading rack. While you don’t need them to get a better workout, they can make your workout more pleasurable and this in turn can make you more apt to use your bike more frequently. Remember the more you workout and the longer your workouts are, the better results you will see and feel.
Sole R92 Recumbent Bike
While many pieces of home fitness may be more popular at the moment than exercise bikes, did you know that a person who uses an exercise bike for health and fitness is more apt to stick with it longer than other pieces of home fitness equipment?
There are several reasons for this but in addition to getting a good effective workout, the recumbent bike can give you a comfortable workout. While many other types of fitness may put a strain on your joints or your lower back, with a recumbent exercise bike you have the plus of it being low impact and also the seat back can help to support your upper body and lower back.
Many physical therapists recommend a recumbent bike for their clients.
Sole Fitness R92 Recumbent Exercise Bike Highlights
- Compact in design so that you can fit it where you couldn’t fit other pieces of fitness equipment such as a treadmill or elliptical. The dimensions are 57″ D x 30″ W x 50″ H while a standard treadmill averages 70″ x 34″ x 55 with many that are several inches longer and wider. Yes, there are compact treadmills but on average a recumbent has a smaller footprint.
- The seat on the R92 exercise bike is both padded and adjustable. You can adjust the seat in 12 different positions so that you’ll be able to find an adjustment that fits your personal needs. You’ll also find that the back of the seat is nicely padded for comfort and support.
- The foot pedals have a 2 degree inward design so that your lower body is in proper alignment and the pedals are also over sized and like most recumbent bikes have a caged toe to avoid slippage.
- The range of programs for the R92 is quite nice. There are 6 Preset, 2 User, 2 HR and the program levels go from 1 to 20 so that you are always working towards your goals. There are several very challenging programs along with beginner type programs. Once you get accustomed to using the build in programs you can start to create your own and there are two open programs that allow you to do so.
- The console has a bright LCD monitor which is easy to see while you are sitting back and the buttons for the workout programs are conveniently located and easy to reach.
In addition, the Sole R92 exercise bike also has a water bottle holder, cooling fans, a speaker and a MP3/iPod docking station where you can plug you own MP3 player in to listen to tunes or maybe you may want to catch up on some audio books.
To get to know the Sole R92 and read more in-depth information including the very generous warranty just visit the Sole R92 Recumbent Bike page –> R92 Recumbent Bike
If you are not too familiar with recumbent exercise bikes you may be interested in watching this video from Expert Village on Youtube.
How to use a Recumbent Exercise Bike