Archive for the ‘Fitness Articles’ Category
If you have about 35 minutes of free time then you have enough time for a totally fat burning cardio workout!
Many people believe that in order to burn fat you need to spend at least 1 hour on cardio. However, what they don’t understand that while you may need 1 hour if you are doing slow cardio you need much less time if your routine is streamlined and effective.
The cardio workout below will work several muscle groups at the same time so you get double and some times triple the exercise power allowing you to spend less time exercising which makes it easier for you to squeeze it into your day.
If you then add in 15 minutes of treadmill or elliptical time you get a very rounded and effective fitness workout. Your machine time can either be used as a warming up time or to help with cool down. If you are using this time as your cool down just be sure to set your equipment at its lowest setting so that you can take it slow and easy.
There are some people that will tell you that burning fat by using a treadmill is a long slow process. That may be true if you you keep your speed at .5 MPH at a level incline and don’t move your upper body. However if you speed up your treadmill, increase your incline (if you have the option) and get your body moving you will find that the fat just starts to melt away.
Here are two different videos showing you how to burn more fat and calories on your treadmill.
As you can see both workouts have to do with an interval training type workout yet they differ a bit in how they go about it.
Once you start doing this type of treadmill workout you will find that you have more energy during the day, you’ll feel stronger and you’ll tone and slim your body.
Just remember that like with all exercise you should get an ok from your first and you should discuss with him or her your fitness plans and see if you are healthy enough to elevate your fitness level.
Even if you could afford a gym membership exercising at home may be your best bet!
Having a gym membership is a package deal. Gyms have the exercise equipment that they want you to use they offer the classes that they want, decide when you exercise and they provide their own instructors all for a giant price.
There are many benefits of working out at home instead of at a gym.
Choosing to workout at home gives you the power to be in charge of your workout.
You can save a lot of money working out at home. And you can save large amounts of time if you work out at home.
- Instead of paying hefty gym membership fees, you could instead use that money to purchase your own equipment. This equipment if good not only for one year, but you can use the equipment for as long as you want! Working out at home can save you hundreds to thousands of dollars a year.
- Another great benefit of working out at home are the many DVD’s that you can use in your workout. Instead of paying high prices for a class DVD’s offer more material and you can use the DVD’s unlimited times. There are workout DVD’s for step-aerobics to belly-dancing and kick boxing. Not only would you be exercising, but you can learn a fun new skill through working out at home.
- Most people have a hard enough time just looking for time to work out. If you have to go to a gym you waste your precious valuable workout time in the car. Instead of sitting in the car for 20 minutes, you can devote that time to your workout at home which will give you a longer and more fulfilling workout.
- Your gym may be available to you for 12 hours during the day, but your home is always available to you. If you like your workouts to be first thing in the morning, it is hard getting to the gym during morning commute and the gym may not even be open that early. Your home is available to you 24 hours of the day 7 days a week.
- When you exercise at your home you don’t have to exercise with other people. Not only can it be uncomfortable, but illnesses can be passed to you through the gym. Using the public showers to even the workout machines you are putting yourself at risk at catching an illness.
There are many benefits of working out at home. You can be as comfortable as you want in your own home exercising when you want to. And be happy knowing how much money you are saving by working out at home.
When you exercise at home you can choose from thousands of videos available at Youtube.com. Some are for beginners and others like the one below are only for the fit or advanced exerciser.